Wednesday, July 30, 2008

River City Revolution and Dwight Schrute



Check out my bro Eron Elswick's post re: Jesus and the poor over at the new River City Revolution Blog. Posts forthcoming from Justin Clark and Ryan Rolfe this week.


Click over to




Be sure to add it to your favorite list as it will be updated every weekday by a member of the leadership team of Revolution which launches on August 31st in Portsmouth.



Once again, I will be shutting down River City Redemption in the next few weeks but in the meantime I'm going to have some fun.


For example, here are my favorite quotes from one of my personal heroes, Dwight Schrute from The Office.


1) "I am faster than 80% of all snakes."


2) "Women are like wolves. If you want one you must trap it. Snare it. Tame it. Feed it. "


3) "I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog."


4) "If I could menstruate, I wouldn’t have to deal with idiotic calendars anymore. I’d just be able to count down from my previous cycle. Plus, I’d be more in tune with the moon and the tides."


5) " I am not a security threat. And, my middle name is "Kurt", not "Fart.""


6) "Why tip someone for a job I'm capable of doing myself? I can deliver food. I can drive a taxi. I can, and do, cut my own hair. I did however, tip my urologist, because I am unable to pulverize my own kidney stones. "


7) "I have been Michael's number two guy for about five years. And we make a great team. We're like one of those classic, famous teams. He's like Mozart, and I'm like...Mozart's friend. No, I'm like Butch Cassidy, and Michael is like...Mozart. You try and hurt Mozart, you're gonna get a bullet in your head, courtesy of Butch Cassidy."