Monday, December 24, 2007

Building A Theological Library for Christmas--Part Two



It still amazes me how little the average Christian knows about their own faith. I have worked in 6 churches in 4 states and have yet to find a large group of non-seminarian Christians who can accurately define key terms like "justification" or "righteousness." Well, now for the low, low price of $19.95 you can be the first disciple on your block to actually know what the Apostle Paul was talking about!

Mounce's Dictionary is a readable (if you're a raging geek like me, that is) and easily accessible tool for conducting word studies. Mounce, former prof at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary and the entrepreneur behind the Zondervan-Teknia Greek library, has updated Vine's Expository Dictionary and thank God for it. Vine's is so dated that if I dared cite it on a seminary paper then I was automatically docked a letter grade by my profs!

So, if you are one of the millions who can't really define "justification" then run and by this book the second a store opens on December 26th. Until then, have a great Christmas!