MikeWhittmer, Associate Professor of Systematic Theology at Grand Rapids Theological Seminary, gave the following Top Ten Signs You Might Be Emergent:
10. If you have never read one of the "Left Behind Books" or prayed the "Prayer of Jabez" or led the "40 Days of Purpose" then you might be Emergent.
9. If you've only seen a megachurch on VH1's "I Love the '80's" then you might be Emergent.
8. If you wouldn't be surprised to see Gandhi in heaven but you would be floored to see Jerry Falwell there then you might be Emergent.
7. If in a debate with Jack Van Impe, you argued that the Beast is America and the Anti-Christ is Pat Robertson, then you might be Emergent.
6. If your preacher just used profanity and it seemed appropriate then you might be Emergent.
5. If you honored your pastor with a box of fine cigars and beers on the house then you might be Emergent.
4. If your hair looks like a bad Midwestern version of Ryan Seacrest's then you might be Emergent.
3. If you use "groove" as a verb without sounding like a dork then you might be emergent!
2. If you purchase your church supplies from a Buddhist book shop then you might be Emergent.
1. If your favorite Carson is Johnny or Daily but definitely not Don then you might be Emergent!
I scored 10, 6 and 5.