Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Matt Chandler Interview at The Resurgence



Matt Chandler is the teaching pastor of The Village in Dallas, Texas. Matt has become one of the most downloaded speakers at iTunes Religion & Spirituality podcast section and was God's chosen instrument to take the Village from 168 attendees to more than 5000 in less than 5 years.

Matt was interviewed by Mark Driscoll before the former spoke at The Resurgence Text & Context Conference in March. The video and audio are available at theresurgence.com. I highly recommend it.

As an aside, I discovered that Matt and I overlapped time in Abilene, Texas. I was starting seminary at Abilene Christian University while he was finishing his Bible degree at Hardin Simmons across town. Moreover, my profs used to complain about a Thursday night ecumenical service off campus ("too conservative", "too Calvinisit", "too charismatic"). Turns out that Matt Chandler was the one who founded and led the service. Small world.