Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Brand New's "Jesus Christ"



Thanks to an unannounced church building flood, I'm too busy to blog at the moment. In the meantime, check out the song "Jesus Christ" by Brand New. Thanks to Kyle Cayton for turning me on to them. Lyrics and link to a youtube video of the band playing Letterman below.


Peace.


Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ, that's a pretty face

The kind you'd find on someone that could save

If they don't put me away

It’ll be a miracle

Do you believe you're missing out?

That everything good is happening somewhere else

But with nobody in your bed

The night is hard to get through

And I will die all alone

And when I arrive I won’t know anyone

Well, Jesus Christ, I’m alone again

So what did you do those three days you were dead?

Because this problem's gonna last
More than the weekend

Well, Jesus Christ I’m not scared to die

I’m a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?

Do I divide and fall apart?

Cause my bright is too slight to hold back all my dark

This ship went down in sight of land

And at the gates does Thomas ask to see my hands?

I know you'll come in the night like a thief

But I’ve had some time alone to hone my lying technique

I know you think that I’m someone you can trust

But I’m scared I’ll get scared and I swear I’ll try to nail you back up(everyone now)

So do you think that we could work out a sign

So I’ll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try

I know you'll come for the people like me

But we all got wood and nails,

Turned into a hate factory

But, we all got wood and nails

Turned into a hate factory

Yeah, we all got wood and nails

Turned into a hate factory

Yeah, we all got wood and nails

And we sleep inside of this machine