Friday, June 6, 2008

Random Larry King-type Ramblings



*I'm preaching this weekend at Christ's Community Church in picturesque Portsmouth, Ohio. If you show up be warned that I yell a lot. The sermon will be on David and family dysfunction. I'll use clips from SNL and the film "Martian Child" as well as music videos from Between the Trees, Casting Crowns and Blink-182. Also, songs from Good Charlotte, Pink and others. I'll post study notes throughout the weekend.


*Today is National Doughnut Day...do your part!


*My two favorite English Bible translations are the New Living Translation (reader friendly) and the English Standard Version (more literal). This fall study Bibles will be available in each version with notes by fine Reformed scholars. Sweeeet!

*Started the 2008 Puritan Reading Challenge...awesome!


*Finally, note that the Wheelersburg Pirates play in the state tourney today in Columbus at Clipper Stadium. My bro in Christ, Justin Clark, is one of the coaches. Go Burg!